What do you call a new variety of plant produced by cross-fertilizingrelated plants?

already exists.

Would you like to merge this question into it?

already exists as an alternate of this question.

Would you like to make it the primary and merge this question into it?

exists and is an alternate of .

Although "cross-fertilizing" is not an incorrect term, it is more commonly called "cross-pollination". Plants developed in this way are called "hybrids".
9 people found this useful

How do plants create new varieties?

If all individuals in a species (peas) are not exactly clones of each other but have small variations in the genes (traits), some will do better when the environment changes (